WC Monday April 20
Apr 20, 2020
For this first week only, I’m posting on Monday morning just to get things rolling. Next update due Friday afternoon.
- Newsletter project: Type Designer Interviews | Behind
- Client Project: Support with Partner List Marketing Opportunity Proposal | New
- Learning: Jason Rodriguez’s The Better Email | New
- Office Admin: Apply for ALGii | New
- Code/Dev Project: Email Templating System | New
- Workshop Project: Email marketing for freelancers & SMEs | New
What did I do last week?
- Completed Tourlane contract. Handed over final project assets
- Completed Plainsong Farm consultancy
What’s planned for this week?
- ALGii application
- Kick off new projects with PRDs: define intentions, goals and success descriptors
- Complete foundational stages of The Better Email
- Research compiler tools/methods for local email templating system
- Draft Outline for email marketing workshop
Any blockers or challenges?
All three kids are still at home, and school is officially ‘back’ – so time will also need to be given to supporting the home learning
Any thoughts or insights to share?
I’m evaluating [Notion]()(https://www.notion.so) as a project management tool, possibly replacing some stuff I been doing in Airtable for the last few months. These notes have been written in Notion, so it might also replace [Bear]()(https://bear.app/) for note taking and [Day One]()(https://dayoneapp.com/) for journalling. Task management will be staying in [Omnifocus]()(https://www.omnigroup.com/omnifocus/) and time tracking in [Tyme]()(https://www.tyme-app.com/en/) for now. All of which is to say that my productivity set up isn’t a stable situation – I’ll be trying hard to avoid it becoming an anti-productivity time-suck, but if it does I’ll still try to flag it here.